Before I wrote this post I had to have a read back on my ‘January in review’ post and let me tell you why – I genuinely to try and figure out what happened in January, so I could figure out what happened in February! The last two months have kind of all merged into one big blurb and I don’t really know what happened in what month at the moment!
So, February. The shortest month of the year is over. And boy did it feel short! Not only that, it’s gone really quickly too, just like every month seems to do and I can’t believe that already the first two months of 2018 have passed. Wow.
Someone told me once that the older you get the faster time seems to pass by, apparently because when you’re young you’re soaking up so much information and learning so much new stuff that your perception of time is different and it seems to pass much slower. When you’re older you stop absorbing as much new information and so your perception of how quickly time passes makes it seem much faster. I have no idea if it’s actually true or not. Based on how quickly life is passing right now I’d tend to lean towards it being true!
I also noticed that when writing last months review post, I started with a list of “things that have not gone so well”. That was definitely a reflection of how down I was feeling in January! Normally I’d start with the positive stuff so that it doesn’t make the negative stuff seem so bad. So this review post we’ll start with the positives, because there are in fact lots of them!!
Things that went well in February
- I got confirmation that I’m moving into my new house in May! No actual date yet which I knew I wouldn’t get, but I’m so happy that I know what month it is now. I can finally start making some more plans, such as sorting when to order furniture so it arrives at the right time and that kind of thing.
- I joined The Body Shop At Home as a Consultant! I only did this literally right at the end of the month and oh my goodness, I’m so excited to get started on this new journey! More to come on this in the next couple of weeks.
- I booked flights to Prague! I cannot wait to visit this beautiful city again in April and spend the weekend with my amazing Dad!
- I completed a couple of upcycling projects for the new house. More to follow in future blog posts on this – but head on over to my Instagram (@asimplespirit) to see one of them.
- I finished buying the final little bits and pieces for the new house. Plus I ordered my new sofa and arm chair which was the most exciting thing!
- I travelled quite a lot with work. In the 4 weeks in February I visited Liverpool, Peterborough, Birmingham and Liverpool again. It was good to get out and about and meet several of my colleagues that I’d only ever spoken to via email before.
- I actually did a fair amount of blog planning! Go me! I wrote and scheduled lots of posts well in advance and made a couple of steps forward on my Instagram posts. But I’ve still got so far to go so I’m pleased with the progress but much more needs to be done.
- I exceeded my savings target. WOOOOO to this. I’m trying to save a lot of money for the house move and so every little penny helps. And I managed to exceed the target I set for February which is great news for my bank balance.
Things that didn’t go so well in February
- I travelled quite a lot with work. And this was a negative thing as well as a positive thing. Whilst travelling around to meet my new colleagues in new places, I spent 7 days out of the office with no access to emails, which considering I’m under a lot of pressure right now, was not ideal.
- Work is still very intense. And at times, really stressful. I’m trying my best to find a positive in every day but it’s very challenging at the moment.
- I was still a bit miserable for a bit of the month. And I think this was because other than the house, I didn’t have anything to look forward to or anything to plan for. Life is a bit boring for me at the moment because I’m trying to save all my money so I’m sacrificing quite a lot of stuff, and I think it got to me. I had things to do (the blog for instance, and learning more Spanish) but I just lost my motivation for everything. That was, until, I got the moving date for the new house and then my whole outlook changed! Funny how something so small can make such a difference.
There we have it. February in a nutshell. And now we’re in March. MARCH?!?! Meteorogically speaking it’s now Spring, so we’re on the upward trajectory to the summer now which makes me happy!
I hope you all had a productive and enjoyable February! Much love! x