I’ve seen many people say this already so I’m pretty much just jumping on the band wagon here – how quickly did January go?! I mean seriously, it was only Christmas and New Year about 2 weeks ago wasn’t it?! No, apparently we’re already in February so I feel it’s only right that I take a look back on January to see what I’ve been up to.
Well the answer to that is……… well, nothing. Honestly. This month has flown so quickly that I genuinely feel like I’ve achieved not a damn thing and the first month of the year has just passed me by without me even realising. And to add insult to injury, it’s already 3 days into February. I mean come on, what the hell is happening!
So I guess the question for me is, why do I feel I’ve not achieved anything? Well, I’m not being totally fair on myself here, I have done a few bits but there are things that I was hoping to progress during January which I haven’t managed to.
Things that haven’t gone great in January
- I was generally just really miserable for most of the month, for no specific reason.
- Obviously I had the trauma (!) of not having a phone for a week so life felt like it was completely on hold for those 7 days.
- Then I was poorly for a week with a stupid cold. And it really was only a cold, definitely nothing serious, but I felt pretty rubbish which meant early nights for a few days to get myself better.
- I have done NO proper blog planning/work. Bugger.
I most disappointed with the last point. And with having no phone, being ill, being really miserable and all coupled with work being pretty intense, have meant that all my good intentions just went out of the window. I really just couldn’t find the motivation to start taking good pictures for Instagram, or posting anything meaningful on Twitter. So all in all, not the best month. I feel like I’d taken two steps forward with the blog and now I’ve taken 74 back. Booooo.
Funnily enough, I remember last January also being remarkably similar. I guess I’m just not a fan of the month of January!
Things that have gone well in January
- I exchanged contracts on the new house and got to go inside for the first time (there are a multitude of blog posts on this subject from the past few months if you fancy reading them!).
- I made a mini return to the twirling world after being asked to be a judge at a competition that was being held locally to me. There’s a blog post to come on this in the next few days!
- I did manage to write and schedule 4 blog posts which is a very teeny tiny achievement for me to hold on to.
And to be honest, that’s all the good I can find from this month, but at least there is some good to be found!
I think I have to expect that February is going to pass by just as quick as January did, so rather than be taken by surprise by the speediness of it, I must make more of a commitment to just getting things done. The good news here though is that I’m emerged from being super miserable and I’m back to feeling more like myself again, which is the first step in the right direction!
And finally, a huge thank you for the nominations I’ve received for the Versatile Blogger Award! I’m so chuffed to have had two lovely bloggers nominate me and I’ve just been terrible and not yet got around to writing the post about it. It’s the first time I’ve ever been nominated for anything so it really made me happy! I promise I will get to it as soon as I can! But thank you so much for thinking of me.
That’s all for now folks, catch you again during the week! Much love x
P.s the eagle eyed amongst you may have noticed the blog has had a mini makeover – thought it was time to have a small change around, so I hope you like it! x